Mission Statement: To create an IoT data model standard that can be leveraged for the collection and normalization of data generated by IoT devices & sensors.
This Working Group is under the Device Integration Committee.
IoT data is often unavailable. When available, it is in arbitrary, non-standardized formats which increase the cost and complexity of utilizing the data for operational insights. This Working Group will provide for IoT devices and systems to make their data available across systems and to retailers (e.g., space temperature sensors, occupancy sensors, energy meters) and to increase the viability of applying AI and Machine learning models to data collected for the purposes of improving store function.
Goals for 2021:
- Q1: Present an initial API proposal that covers asset info, IoT foundations, and discovery services
- API proposal and fine-tuning work during February and early March
- IoT WG calls set for February (11th, 25th) and March (11th)
- Q2: IoT Demonstration at the Conexxus Annual Conference April 25 – 29
- Demo discussions and comments during March and April
- IoT WG calls through March (11th, 25th) and April (1st, 15th)
- Ongoing efforts through quarter Q2, driving to Q3 initiatives
- Q3: NACS 2021 Announcement- A Conexxus IoT platform for Convenience Retail
The Chair is Jack Dickinson, Dover Fueling Solutions.
The Vice Chair is Dan Harrell, Invenco Group Limited.
Last updated: January 2021